Tasty Pink Lemonade Scones – perfect for Mother’s Day!
- Butter, to grease
- 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon rose pink liquid food colouring, to tint
- 250ml (1 cup) lemonade
- 600ml carton pouring cream
- Raspberry jam, to serve
- Pure icing sugar, to decorate
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan forced. Grease a baking tray with butter. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Combine the food colouring and lemonade in a jug.
- Add lemonade mixture and 250ml (1 cup) cream to flour. Use a flat-bladed knife to stir until a sticky dough forms (do not overmix).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with flour. Use clean hands to gently press dough into a 2cm-thick disc.
- Use a 7cm-diameter (at the widest point) heart-shaped pastry cutter dipped in flour to cut 12 scones from the dough. Press the scraps together to form the last scones. Place on the greased tray 1cm apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until scones sound hollow when tapped on top
- Use electric beaters to beat remaining cream in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Split scones and fill with jam, cream and raspberries. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Top the cream with edible gold leaf when serving for an extra special treat.
Recipe Courtesy Of: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pink-lemonade-scones-recipe/cmvx76we?r=recipes/mothersday&c=0966da3f-cb9b-4e66-8ebc-caaf72e4d35c/Mothers%20day
FOLLOW SERENE ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Serene Retirement Living provides everything an active over 55 could possibly desire – see our retirement living features & amenities.