Perfect for a tasty lunch or as part of a spread at your next gathering!
- 200g mascarpone
- 100g crème fraîche
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 250g all-butter puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 100g manouri cheese (see Know How)
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the chilli-honey dressing
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 red chilli, blackened, peeled and chopped (see Know How)
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For the chilli-honey dressing, put the honey, lemon juice and chilli in a small bowl, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat the oven to 160°C fan/gas 4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Put the mascarpone, crème fraîche, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 30cm x 40cm rectangle, 3mm thick. Quarter the pastry to give 4 x 15cm x 20cm rectangles. Put the rectangles on the baking sheet and brush the egg yolk around the border (see Know-how). Prick the centre of each rectangle with a fork 5-6 times.
- Smear a quarter of the mascarpone mix in the centre of each rectangle, then crumble the manouri cheese over it and arrange the courgette slices on top, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle with thyme, some salt and pepper, and a drizzle of oil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and puffed at the edges, and the base is crisp.
- Slide the galette onto a serving plate and drizzle liberally with the chilli-honey dressing. Serve immediately while still warm.
Recipe Courtesy Of: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/courgette-galette/
FOLLOW SERENE ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Serene Retirement Living provides everything an active over 55 could possibly desire – see our retirement living features & amenities.