Spice up Sunday night dinner with a warming bowl of this taste-filled, hearty soup.
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1kg chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed (optional), finely chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 cups (750ml) beef stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 strips pared lemon rind
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, sour cream and crusty bread, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the flour and 1 tbs paprika in a bowl, season and stir to combine. Add the beef and toss to coat. Transfer to a casserole.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, stock, chopped tomato, bay leaves, lemon rind and remaining 1 tbs paprika and bring to the boil. Stir well, then cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- When the beef is ready, heat the oil in a frypan and fry the mushroom over high heat, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Stir through the goulash, then ladle into deep bowls. Scatter with parsley and serve with sour cream and bread.
Recipe Courtesy Of: https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/goulash-soup/73264022-718d-4139-b304-85fda89fa969
FOLLOW SERENE ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Serene Retirement Living provides everything an active over 55 could possibly desire – see our retirement living features & amenities.