Re-invent your left over roast lamb with this quick and easy hearty and healthy shepherd’s pie.
PREP: 15 Minutes COOK: 50 Minutes SERVES: 4
- 800g potatoes, quartered (see note)
- 20g butter
- 1/2 cup hot milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g roast lamb (from Greek-style Roast Lamb – see related recipe), minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Massel beef stock
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Step 1 – Cook potatoes until tender. Drain. Add butter and mash until smooth. Add milk and beat to combine.
- Step 2 – Heat oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Cook carrot, celery, zucchini, onion and garlic for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Step 3 – Add lamb mince, sauces and beef stock. Cook, stirring, until mixture comes to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Step 4 – Preheat oven to 200°C. Spoon mixture into 4 x 1-cup ramekins or 1 x 4-cup ovenproof dish. Top with mashed potato. Rake surface with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Recipe courtesy of: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/shepherds-pie/6cfc5106-d6bf-4aaa-9f97-74ecbeebc0b5?r=recipes/t4t6byl9
FOLLOW SERENE ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Serene Retirement Living provides everything an active over 55 could possibly desire – see our retirement living features & amenities.